The church of "Uspenie bogomatere"

  • uspenia-bogomatere-2

    uspenia-bogomatere-2

  • uspenia-bogomatere-3

    uspenia-bogomatere-3

  • uspenia-bogomatere-5

    uspenia-bogomatere-5

  • uspenia-bogomatere-7

    uspenia-bogomatere-7

  • uspenia-bogomatere-1

    uspenia-bogomatere-1

  • uspenia-bogomatere-4

    uspenia-bogomatere-4

  • uspenia-bogomatere-6

    uspenia-bogomatere-6

The church of "Uspenie Bogomatere" was built on the location where the Templars lived in the 12th century. It is a Baroque building dated back to the 17th – 18th century.

Until the beginning of the 19th century it was the Catholic Church of Holy Salvation, and it belonged to the women's Benedictine monastery.

In 1810, by Napoleon's decision, the church was surrendered to the Orthodox episcope Bendedikt Kraljević. The church is accented with a Baroque bell tower from the beginning of the 18th century, which is a work by the native craftsman Ivan Skoko.

DirectionsAddress