The church of "Gospe van grada" (''Our Lady Out of Town'') was erected on the site of the medieval cemetery and the small church of Sts. Cosmas and Damian (1452). After the Parish of Varoš had been established (1604), the adaptation of the old church began. It was extended and the construction of the new stone church was completed in 1740.
Afterwards, a bell tower was built and connected to the church by a small bridge. In front of and around the church of "Gospe van grada" was the public cemetery which was abandoned in 1828.