According to the wish and order of the inhabitants of Šibenik the Public Town cistern was built during the Middle Ages because of numerous military blockades and dry periods.
The agreement on water supply centre construction "Four Wells" between the County of Šibenik and the master Jacob Coterra was concluded on January 10th 1446.
The construction supervision was consigned to George of Dalmatia (Juraj Dalmatinac), known architect, constructor and sculptor. Nowadays this historical object is renovated and represents the Town stage suitable for numerous manifestations. The terrace with the wells has been paved with red stones in fish bone pattern, as it once was.