The fortress of Kamičak

  • kamicak-3

    kamicak-3

  • kamicak-2

    kamicak-2

  • kamicak-6

    kamicak-6

  • kamicak-1

    kamicak-1

  • kamicak-7

    kamicak-7

  • kamicak-5

    kamicak-5

  • kamicak-4

    kamicak-4

The ruins of the medieval fortress of Kamičak stand between Roški slap and Visovac Lake. According to historical records from 1345, the Croato-Hungarian king Ludovic confirmed the heritage right of Ivan Nelipić over Kamičak.

The later Turkish invasions and their occupation of the entire area meant the loss of the significance of Kamičak, and it was abandoned. Kamičak is also colloquially referred to Utješinovića Grad, as the first Croatian Cardinal Juraj Utješinović was born here in 1482.

Marko Mišljenović, appointed Croatian Ban by the Croato-Hungarian King Ladislav in 1506, was born here as well.