The fortress of Bogočin

  • bogocin-7

    bogocin-7

  • bogocin-4

    bogocin-4

  • bogocin-1

    bogocin-1

  • bogocin-2

    bogocin-2

  • bogocin-6

    bogocin-6

  • bogocin-3

    bogocin-3

  • bogocin-5

    bogocin-5

The ruins of the medieval fortress of Bogočin are visible on the left bank of the Krka River, on a high rock near the village of Bogatić.

It was likely erected by the Croatian noble family Nelipić, while later it was ruled over by the great Martinušić family.

A single, excellently preserved medieval road lead to Bogočin, and the fortress could only be entered via a drawbridge. In the early 16th century, it was taken over by the Turks and remained under the Turkish administration until 1684.