The fortress of Šubićevac

  • tvrdjava-subicevac1

    tvrdjava-subicevac1

  • subicevac

    subicevac

Šubićevac fortress is located south-east of St. John's fortress and a couple of meters lower than St. John's fortress.

It was constructed in the same year as St. John's fortress, in 1646 and it contributed very much to the defence of the Town of Šibenik from the Turkish attacks in 1647. For a long time it was named the fortress of the baron Degenfeld, after the Venetian soldier of the German origin that lead the defence of the town from the Turks.

DirectionsAddress